Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Sevens. {First edition}

Since I often entertain the question, "What did you guys do over the weekend?", I thought that I would present this option for answers.  As usual, I will probably not be religious about posting such a post every weekend, but hope you enjoy those times I do! 

 1) First off, not quite time yet for the rapture/end of the world as evidenced by this post...praying for those poor misguided souls, that they do not lose their faith and hope in Christ but search for, and find the truth.

2) Friday before work I met up with a dear friend to catch up and also chatted with a new one.  Thankful for friendships, encouraging words, smiles and hugs.  Need to schedule more of those this summer!

3) Hubby and I saw Pirates 4...it was good, though not as good as the first three. 
Miss Elizabeth, what are you thoughts? :P

4) First outside car wash of the year occurred.  Took twice as long to clean bug debris from the front of the cars, but I had a fun time out there with hubby. :) Some sunburn is proving to be not so fun; sunscreen next time.  My car is clean and waxed...forgot how much I love its color!

5) Some piano playing ensued this weekend; quite enjoyable (thank you, Mary for the book!)...I'm finding that as things slow down for the summer, I will have to find activities to occupy my free time.  Thinking about resurrecting my violin...

6) As I finished the Francine River's Mark of the Lion trilogy last month, (which I highly recommend for some [very] light fictional reading centered on the life of the early Christians) I've started Sigrid Undset's Kristin Lavransdatter - will report back later on that. 
Summer=time for reading=yay. 
I'm also loving reading St. Faustina's Diary again, Divine Mercy in My Soul; especially appropriate for this month!

7) Grateful for my life, health, faith and peace.  From today's Gospel:
"And when I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way where I am going...I am the way, and the truth, and the life..."
~John 14:3-4, 6
Such comforting words, and so easy if we only follow Him...which does entail picking up our crosses.

Hope you all had a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment