How we spend the winter days around here...
Michael has been in the habit of late, of trying on Mama and Papa's shoes and going "shopping" or to "see" one of his friends. Quite comical.
He anxiously awaits the day when Dominic can play trucks and trains with him.
Michael's concerned face, as he tells us Dominic is "cwying."
I got out last week for a little hike with our Canadian friends, the Bifferts. Very chilly, but great exercise, and I was glad to be shown the local hiking trails!
Hiking mamas - thankful for good conversations.
At the top of the hills, overlooking the valley that is home to Trumau and its surrounding towns.
A bit of refreshment - apple pear wine.
Last week there was quite a bit of talk of imminent snow; here is Michael checking for flurries...
I got out last week for a little hike with our Canadian friends, the Bifferts. Very chilly, but great exercise, and I was glad to be shown the local hiking trails!
Hiking mamas - thankful for good conversations.
At the top of the hills, overlooking the valley that is home to Trumau and its surrounding towns.
Hiking huts, or "huttes", are interspersed along the hiking routes here in Austria. Inside we found a cozy warmth from a wood stove, and food and drinks, if we wanted them.
My hiking buddy - I see you taking yet another picture of me, Mama.A bit of refreshment - apple pear wine.
Last week there was quite a bit of talk of imminent snow; here is Michael checking for flurries...
We do lots of reading, especially before bedtime, with Mama balancing a babe on each leg or arm.
Sometimes we watch instrumental, song, ice skating, or dance clips on YouTube. Here we are watching my favorite oldie tap dancer, the amazing Eleanor Powell. Seriously, check her out if you haven't seen any of her dancing!
Just chilling. So serious most of the time.
And yes, the snow began this past weekend, along with weather
in the "teens's"! I wasn't minding the dry spell, but I know Andrew and
Michael were anticipating some snow play this winter, so for their sake I
was glad to see it arrive. We are supposed to be getting more
throughout this week.
I really enjoy seeing all your pictures from your adventures in Austria!!! Dominic is getting SO big already! Ahhh I loved that book "Going on a Bear Hunt" as a child. Such fun memories of my mom reading it to me! How long are you in Austria for?
ReplyDeleteHi Maggie! Good to hear from you. We are glad you enjoy the blog. It is quite an adventure here, in so many levels. Anyway, I will graduate with a pontifical & civil Masters degree (STM/ThM), which is the STB equivalent next Spring, and then probably complete the STL the following two years here as well. Then, off somewhere else for the STD or PhD. Melissa is hoping to complete the Masters in Marriage & Family during our time here as well. All in all, another 3 years for us here. How are you? Looking to make an Austrian vacation anytime soon? :)
Delete