Saturday, April 19, 2014

She has arrived!

 Auntie Elizabeth is here! We picked her up from the airport on Tuesday and have been immensely enjoying our time with her since, especially Michael.
We took her to our favorite 14th century castle ruin - Burg Seebinstein - for some hiking.
Sisters reunited!
Michael enjoyed walking with a "hiking stick."
Teetering on the edge of life as parents. ;)
On Good Friday, Elizabeth and I went into Vienna for the Stations of the Cross at the cathedral and I gave her a walking tour of Vienna.

As it was Good Friday, all the main tabernacles were empty and the Blessed Sacrament was reposed in a side chapel at each church. This was my favorite - so beautifully symbolic - "This is My body, given for you."
 Miss Elizabeth did very well with all the walking I put her through - we saw all of the major buildings in downtown Vienna! Here she is at the Hofburg Palace.
 So more glorious blooms out right now!
Vienna's Parliament building.
We ended the day with some fish and shared a 'helles Bier'; Elizabeth's first taste of Austrian light beer. No, Dominic was not allowed a sip. I am so happy and thankful that Elizabeth is here, and that we will be able to see her often!

No comments:

Post a Comment