Michael is finally old enough to participate in some simple liturgical year traditions; I say "finally" because I have such wonderful and pronounced memories of learning and living the liturgical year through celebrations and activities growing up, and have been eagerly waiting to start them with my boys. I am glad they are still very young, and so I can start slowly as I am limited in budget, supplies, and energy in this life of ours here. :)
After Mass, we took out the 3 Kings.
Giving the Magi a blessing.
Papa helped us sing "We Three Kings" as Michael set the Wise Men at the crèche scenes.
Each figure has to kiss the Baby first.
Then Michael wanted to say a bit of the Mass.
In the afternoon, we had a special visit from 3 Magi! It is the custom in Germany and Austria for the children to dress as the 3 kings, carry the star, and go door to door singing and reciting messages of Christmas. They also ask for money for poor children, which Michael put in their box.
Here is a lovely painting by Anton Pieck depicting the same.
Later, Papa and Michael made a star for the crèche.
Michael's favorite song and movie is "The Little Drummer Boy" and Auntie Elizabeth gave him the best surprise of this drum on Christmas Eve; we still need to find some proper drumsticks, but he and Dominic love carrying it around and playing it with whatever "beaters" they find.
Happy Feast! May the same grace that drew the Magi to the Savior's side be yours this season, and may we each discover what gifts we have to offer Him, be they ever so humble.

No comments:
Post a Comment