Remembering the first and last glimpse of you...
which is forever imprinted on my mind and heart.
Laura recently told me about a friend's friend, who had a still-born birth after 9 months. I cannot imagine...it would be wonderful to see your child's face, but then have to say goodbye? My case does not touch this pain, and I am thankful. Then too, I dwell on the image of the sorrowful Mother witnessing her adult Son's death: "Come, all you who pass by the way, look and see whether there is any suffering like my suffering, which has been dealt me." (Lamentations 1:12) I have not suffered to the extent she has. She obediently accepted the Father's will for her, as must I. How sweet the resurrection must have been for her, and how good of God to give us that to anticipate. And, not everyone is fortunate to have a personal prayer warrior in heaven. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment