Thursday, June 17, 2010

And so it is.

Our last night here. Last night in our first home together as a married couple. As I look around at the (almost) empty rooms, walls, cabinets, ect., I feel a great sense of gratitude for the love, work, fun, laughter, and tears we shared here, but also a huge sense of peace that we are doing the right thing in moving out and moving on. It was time. To separate ourselves from this busy and close little town and watching eyes, from politics. I am very thankful for the time spent here and have some very sweet memories of living here, but am more thankful for our new place down the road a ways. Space, peace, and quiet for personal growth and reflection is an essential element in life and I thank the Lord for providing us with this needed change. Andrew will be able to return (drive!) to Ave Maria for graduate school in the fall with a healthy sense of detachment and thus be less distracted. And we are thankful for a real HOUSE. We are ready to stop feeling like students and thrive on completing the mundane, routine upkeep of a HOUSE. Bathtubs. A garage for storage. Kitchen space. Guest bedrooms. Room for planting. A lawn to mow. Simple tasks, but ones we will enjoy doing because it will be for our home, our peace of soul, our private lives, our continued growing together.

To those dear friends that I am "leaving behind": I'll be back to visit very very often and you're always invited to drive out!

I am especially grateful for a considerate hubby whose immediate thought (on my obtaining my new job) was to shorten any stress/fatigue that driving 45 min. to work and back would cause me. Thank you, my love.

Moving day tomorrow. And nephews coming to "help." Can't wait to see those precious faces. Pictures to follow...some day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment