After a busy and scrambled past few days, I took to the kitchen for some culinary therapy this afternoon. Bread was needed anyways, and why not whip up some cookies for a special sweet treat this week? :) A few months ago I received my favorite cookie cookbook in the mail courtesy of Amazon. The pages of this book hold many pleasant memories of cookie baking/decorating as a young girl with my mom and sisters, and some simply delicious recipes! I highly recommend it, as it presents the good old fashioned recipes along with unique cookie recipes for every holiday and season of life. Today I chose to keep it quick and easy with the snicker doodle recipe and also cranked out a batch of my staple honey whole wheat bread. And nothing goes better with the aroma of baked goods than some poetry...
KITCHEN MAGIC
by Violet Rouke Broder
When gray days sometimes leave you
At a loss for what to do,
Fill your house with warmth and fragrance...
Bake a pie, a cake, or two.
Make some heart-shaped sugar cookies
Or a creamy pudding, fine;
A batch of fudge or brownies
Helps to pass the gloomy time.
A tin of golden muffins
Or some loaves of fresh-baked bread,
I am sure will be more pleasing
Then some "store-bought" bread, instead.
What a thoughtful, cheery greeting
For your loved ones...at the door
When they sniff your homemade goodies,
Wafting welcome evermore.
**Yes, I did give a new look to my blog and did create the header all on my own (simple as it is) = I impressed myself a little! I was delighted to come across that graphic, as I wanted something whimsical and colorful to portray joy, movement, and the ever-changing seasons in life.
No comments:
Post a Comment