I stayed at the hospital in Vienna for 3 nights, the required length of time after giving birth. I was initially nervous about a hospital stay and skeptical as to how much rest I would actually get due to possible roommates and the nurses. However, I was pleasantly surprised as to the hands-off approach of the hospital staff and to their genuine concern for the success of mother-baby bonding. Dominic and I were not disturbed at all during the night and they had me do as much as I could for him, including weighing him and sponge-bathing him during his daily checkup in the babies' nursery. I only had one roommate at a time, fortunately, and it was nice to chat occasionally. My time was spent relaxing, drinking many cups of tea, reading, and giving thanks for this gift of new life - I really appreciated and enjoyed the quiet and alone time with Dominic! The best part of our day were visits with Papa, Michael and Nana!
Michael was thrilled to finally meet his baby brother - out of Mama's tummy!
So happy Nana was still around to meet Dominic in person!
A longtime friend of my grandfather and parents, Sr. Christine! She took the train from Tirol (4 hours away) to come and visit with Mom and to meet Dominic. She is a joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment