Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation!

Graduation day was a joy. Beautiful weather. Fun in gowns and tassels. Uplifting commencement speeches. Hard-earned diplomas received. Family and loving, encouraging friends surrounded. Heartfelt congratulations and hugs. A small, happy party afterward. Grateful hearts.

Throughout the events of the day, this Scripture verse kept resounding through my heart:

"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope." Jeremiah 29:11

He sure does! We have no greater responsibility than to trust Him with our lives, for His timing is amazingly perfect. This knowledge allows me to cast myself with such a carefree, joyful sense of abandon into His arms as we move ahead to the next chapter of our lives. Andrew is continuing on to 2 years of graduate work for Theology, and I go back full-swing into the work field, which I am more than content to do, and grateful for!...more on that later, as previously promised. :)

(Andrew was asked a few questions before the commencement by a reporter. See here.)


A big thank you to Mom, my first educator!




A delicious feast...thank you Mom, Laura, & Gabe!

Thanks to Rose T. for the beautiful and delicious cake!

The 3 seniors present at our party cut the cake ;)



3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE STEELE'S!!! You are graduates and now alumni of a great university! The day was absolutely perfect and the party was delightful. I look forward to celebrating more with you soon. Thanks for posting such beautiful pictures for me to enjoy! You are just glowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I like your new blog background. It's very bright and cheery (just like you!))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! You left before we could get pictures with you! Next time :)

    ReplyDelete