I am happy to say I am writing from my parent's home in beautiful WA state...I flew in late Saturday night for a week of R&R (MUCH needed after graduation) and also to be present at my littlest sister and godchild's confirmation this coming Sunday - so happy for you, Elizabeth! So far I have comfortably nestled back into my former place as eldest child and sister, and have been blissfully enjoying sibling interaction (especially sleeping in a bedroom with my beautiful ex-roomie Catherine), secrets and laughter shared in sisterly confidence, parental advice/conversations, ect. :) The weather and scenery as well, is providing solace for my weary mind and soul...the abundant very-green foliage, variety of trees, aroma of evergreen mixed with rain, mountains in the distance, and the many misting waterfalls which cascade into the Columbia River...my favorite combinations of topography! (Due to continuous showers we have not yet been able to do any hiking - hopefully towards the end of this week.) Everything upon which my gaze falls, be it in or outside the house, provides me with a reason to give thanks to the Creator, and once again, be awestruck at His goodness to me. Of course, I am missing hubby VERY much; we all wish you could be here with us, hubby, and the children are very much looking forward to your visit in July. (Last night, Dad provided me with a large stuffed puppy to cuddle with in lieu of my absent husband, so I'm all set, right?) :P~ Too funny.
Mom and I finally remembered to print out one of my wedding pictures, and I'm proud to announce that the Steele's have finally made it to the "Hall of Fame" (aka. the Stone Family's stairwell picture gallery). While checking out Mom's display, I was inspired by the wedding photos of my elder generations - both of my grandparents and parents have been such wonderful witnesses to the marital and parental vocations - and so I want to honor them for their commitment to each other, their children, and their grandchildren...we have learned and continue to learn so much about service, love, and family life from you all, and your examples will never been forgotten. Thank you. <3

Paternal grandparents, Lee & Stephanie Stone ~ February 20, 1953

Maternal grandparents, Donald & Caroline Holst ~ December 5, 1953

My parents, Charles & Linda Stone ~ November 20, 1982

And the 2 married daughters!
No comments:
Post a Comment