...where my to-do list goes out the window. Mama not feeling well + teething, needy baby = lots of cuddle time on the couch and in bed. Oh well. At least the diapers got washed and the meals were cooked. More importantly, Michael is feeling love, attention, and support during yet another baby transitory period. The bathrooms can wait. Reminded me of this little saying I read somewhere and had jotted down in my notes:
"Cleaning and scrubbing will wait ’till tomorrow, but children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs! Dust go to sleep! I’m rocking my baby. Babies don’t keep."
– Ruth Hamilton
This first year with Michael is speeding away never to return again. I am thankful for days like this which force me to stop and savor the moment, these precious moments with my darling first-born. This time will never be again. There is a different kind of sweetness for each season and I want to sear this current sweetness into my memory. I really am very thankful, for Michael is still such a good baby despite what he is going through at this time. He has had a hard last few days and has been clinging a little tighter to me, which prompted me to just let things go today.
Happy mothering to you mothers! Be easy on yourselves during days like this. Cherish these baby months. Feel accomplishment in the smiles of your little one(s). You will reap the rewards of your investment in this life and the next...
“Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom."
Psalms 90:12
“Teach us to realize the brevity of life, so that we may grow in wisdom."
Psalms 90:12
No comments:
Post a Comment