Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Weekend 7's.

Weekend recap.

1) On Saturday we took it easy, as we were all feeling under the weather. Michael and Mama got a little vit. D and spread our toes out in the yard; not much longer to enjoy that, I'm sure!
 
2) Cooler temperatures have hit Seattle and the trees are starting to turn color; I am beyond excited; haven't experienced a real fall in 5 years. 

3) Advances in crawling - Michael now does the "army crawl", and scoots forward using his elbows. He will also propel himself forward by lunging off of his feet...oh, that boy will be on the real move soon...

4) On Sunday, we attended our parish's annual picnic. It was nice to have the opportunity to meet some more parishioners, especially some of the younger couples. Many people who already knew Andrew enjoyed meeting Michael. Ahhh, I am finding it harder then usual to break out of my personal bubble and talk to folks. Maybe it's the new mom status that I don't feel confidant in yet, maybe it's just the tiredness I have been experiencing lately, I don't know. Right now I'm content with spending time with my little family, but I know that talking to a baby most of the day long will catch up to me, and I need to form some acquaintances.   

5) In the kitchen - I've been spending time freezing berries to use for smoothies during the winter months. Also, I made bbq sauce and mayo for the first time = success and peace knowing exactly what ingredients I am putting into our bodies. This cooler weather is inspiring soup/chili/squash recipes - this weekend I tried the "south of the border stuffed acorn squash" - pretty tasty. What are YOUR favorite squash/fall dishes? Please share below!
6) Monday afternoon (today), we were feeling better and ventured out for a hike. Pictures in the following post.

7) Preparing for a busy week ahead. Since Andrew will be away for 3 days of training, I've decided to drive down to Portland to spend some time with Catherine before she starts school at the end of the month. I am looking forward to some girl/sister time and also plan to see a few friends who live in the area. As long as we are all feeling well upon our return, we hope to go camping at Mt. Rainier during the upcoming weekend; trying to take advantage of this beautiful weather before the rainy days set in...

No comments:

Post a Comment