Monday, November 19, 2012

A bit of Scandinavian Christmas.

Yesterday afternoon, we checked out the annual Yulefest at the Nordic Heritage Museum here in Seattle. Such a popular event - lots of people proudly sporting Scandinavian sweaters or traditional garb, 3 stories of vendors, cultural food, and entertainment. What a lovely way to celebrate being Scandinavian (I'm 1/4 Finnish and 1/4 Swedish). There were so many people, it was hard to get good pictures, but here is a taste of some of the beauties we saw...
 
Love the blues in this sweater...if only I was $189.99 richer.
 After wandering around the vendor booths, we went to the hall to listen to some of the performers.
The Finnish Chorus was very good! So nice to hear Christmas songs sung in Finnish!
Michael was supposed to be shaking the keys during "Jingle Bells"...
But of course, he prefers to chew.

Attending this little festival made me proud to be of Scandinavian descent and inspired me to add a little more Scandinavia into our Christmas traditions!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun venue!!!! I love all the pictures!! It looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing! Oh yes and I promise I'll post the recipe for the pumpkin spiced latte tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it was a lot of fun! So many cute Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete