Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving thanks.

We had such a lovely, peaceful weekend out of the city at my great-uncle and aunt's for Thanksgiving. Truly an environment to awaken our minds to the presence of great blessings in our life. I will let the pictures speak for themselves, and there are many (mostly for my family's benefit); be fore-warned. 
 Late afternoons were spent near the wood stove with wine or tea, conversations and laughs.
 Beautiful Thanksgiving dinner table.
 My lovely great-aunt preparing.
 Michael got to indulge in semi-antiques; a block set and a highchair passed down in the family.
 Aunt Patricia had planned a lovely meal blessing song. We then proceeded to go around the table, giving thanks for one thing as we lit our individual candles. 
The food was delicious, the turkey moist and tender, contributions from everyone, dessert in abundance=perfect Thanksgiving feast.
Friday afternoon, some of us ventured into downtown Leavenworth to check out the Christmas market. I only had my camera phone with me and it was raining, so we didn't get many pictures, but we sure enjoyed the shops.
 Michael enjoyed the Christmas lights and watching the passers-by. 
 Saturday breakfast table; Allison is great with babies!
 Uncle Frank made me delicious espressos. 
 So nice to see cousin Kerry!
 Saturday morning we headed up into the hills for a Christmas tree hunt. Michael took his morning nap at that time.
Lots of snow! The views were breathtaking.
 
 Greg and Al with their tree.
Good find, Andrew! Definitely a different type of tree than we have had in past years, but perfect and cute nonetheless - thank you, Greg!!
 Michael checking out his first snow!
 Loading up the trees.
What a beautiful couple of hours. 
So thankful for this weekend. Thankful that I am usually near some extended family for the majority of our holidays...I feel very blessed. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Love all these pictures! Have you decorated your tree yet? I LOL'ed over the picture with Michael napping and his hat over his eyes. TOO funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we will wait a few weeks to put it up as usual. :) I know, isn't that funny? The sun was bothering him while he slept, so easy fix to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete