Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Over the weekend...

We had a very busy and fruitful past weekend...lots of events that reminded us to be thankful for our lives and for the gifts of faith, hope, and charity.

1) Sorrowing over the loss of the those in CT, especially the little ones. Tears flowed easily on Friday. I can't imagine what the parents are going through...having those little beds empty at night, silent playrooms, little clothes and accessories unused...hard reminders, especially so near Christmas. Praying that our Blessed Mother wraps these suffering parents and families within her comforting arms and teaches them to offer their sorrow to our Lord. I have faith that these precious ones will be having a heavenly Christmas.
♥ Charlotte ♥ Daniel ♥ Olivia ♥ Josephine ♥ Ana ♥ Dylan ♥ Madeleine ♥ Catherine ♥ Chase ♥ Jesse ♥ James ♥ Grace♥ Emilie ♥ Jack ♥ Noah ♥ Caroline ♥ Jessica ♥ Avielle ♥ Benjamin ♥ Allison ♥

"May those who sow in tears reap with shouts of joy! He that goes forth weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him."  Psalm 126:5-6

2) Friday morning, I met my RCIA candidate for morning Mass, then had her over to breakfast and a chat to get to know her better. What a story she has, and a painful journey to find truth. Reminded me to give thanks for the protective environment in which I was raised and for the protection of our Lord. We could have all struggled along similar paths if it were not for His grace and mercy. Candice is truly a testimony to the greatness of God's forgiveness and the beauty of hope - she herself has forgiven much and is completely at peace.

3)
Friday evening we commenced our first 'Young Married's' group at St. Mark's. 3 other couples joined us for prayer, dinner and fruitful discussion. It was encouraging to see one couple who is coming back to the Church be so excited over the tenets of our faith and thirsting for a more fruitful life. Thankful to be able to do what little we can to help educate people's minds and change hearts.

4) Saturday morning we put up our Christmas tree, which had been patiently resting in its bucket outside since Thanksgiving. :) This is a very different style tree than we have had in past years (we are used to the big bushy shapes) but I love our little forest tree and think it is perfect for our living room.
Michael has enjoyed seeing Christmas lights while we drive about, and so I think he was fascinated to see some in his play area.
After giving the tree a few timid touches, he has been happy to leave it alone.
We did listen to a little Christmas music while decorating. I think we shall make this a tradition for the third weekend of Advent. Gaudete! 

5) On Sunday we hosted a small thank-you party for the volunteer catechists. It was nice to get to know them a little better and have a mini evaluation of how the first semester of catechesis went for everyone. It is good to hear their excitement about the curriculum and share the progress of our little students. Sounds like everyone is looking forward to a little holiday break.

6) My sister Catherine came up for a little visit Sun-Tues. Michael loves seeing his auntie and gave her lots of kisses. We had a nice time chatting and doing some Christmas shopping. Didn't get any pictures though!

7) I finally contracted a cold and have been vigilantly fighting it off with echinacea and Vit. C and feel better, but it has passed on to Michael, so I plan to keep my treatments up in the hopes of transferring them through my breast milk. Hope we are all feeling better for Christmas.

This week shall be filled with baking, wrapping, gifting, penning Christmas cards, and working on music (did I mention I joined the church choir?) Along with prayerfully waiting in joyful anticipation of His birth! 

"O Adonai, and Ruler of the house of Israel, Who didst appear unto Moses in the burning bush, and gavest him the law in Sinai, come to redeem us with an outstretched arm!"

No comments:

Post a Comment