Saturday, November 10, 2012

8 months and a treasured toy.

Our little Michael is 8 months! And turning into such a little boy full of curiosity, energy, excitement, smiles and love. His newest accomplishments in the last month include crawling perfectly (and fast), pulling himself up on furniture and walking the perimeter of the living room, singing, still enjoys playing the piano about twice a day, and saying "papa".

I have just in the last week, introduced him to a special toy, handmade for me when I was a baby by my paternal grandfather, Lee. Mom has many pictures showing all 7 of us children enjoying this rocking horse, and it has held up very well despite all the use! Of course this is to be credited to our grandfather's genius and craftsmanship. Michael knows to hold on to the handles and giggles when I rock him on it. I am thankful to have such a beautiful toy, made by my wonderful grandfather, to pass down to my son!

1 comment: