It's been a pretty quiet week; we've been staying indoors out of the cold and rain, doing a few things to prepare for Thanksgiving, and reflecting on our blessings.
Who said decorative pumpkins go to waste? I got about 13 lbs out of my mine pureed and in the freezer for soups and baking.
Not to mention roasted pumpkin seeds for a yummy snack.
With Michael in the beginning stages of walking, I've been on the lookout for some shoes for him. When we're outside, we like to give him a break from the Ergo now and then, so I was delighted to come across these PediPeds at Goodwill, practically brand new for $3.99. New, they run $30-40. Score.
On that note, I finished one "footie" for the little man over the weekend and started on the other...as the weather gets progressively colder, I wanted him to have something warm for his feet, and as he's not technically walking yet, these will do fine at home, and out and about.
On that note, I finished one "footie" for the little man over the weekend and started on the other...as the weather gets progressively colder, I wanted him to have something warm for his feet, and as he's not technically walking yet, these will do fine at home, and out and about.
With the holiday season upon us, I have started baking again, which I have much missed since we embarked on the Paleo track. Visiting and gifting gives me the excuse to fire up the mixer and bring out the baking sheets/pans! Keep the word GIFTING in mind, hubby. :) Coming from the oven today, are wheat honey rolls for Thanksgiving dinner and pumpkin cranberry walnut bread.
It's been a very short work week for hubby, as he already gets Tuesdays off, and today, Fr. let the staff go at 1pm. Even though he had to prep for class tonight, it was nice to have him here this afternoon to help with Michael while I was in the kitchen!
Michael loved it.
It's been a very short work week for hubby, as he already gets Tuesdays off, and today, Fr. let the staff go at 1pm. Even though he had to prep for class tonight, it was nice to have him here this afternoon to help with Michael while I was in the kitchen!
Michael loved it.
Our love for our little man grows leaps and bounds by the day, and we are so grateful to God for this beautiful gift.
Meditating on this...
"Do you not know that utter dying to self, to live only in God and for God, can only take place by degrees, through a persistent fidelity in making the sacrifice of the intelligence, of the will, of all our passions and caprices, of our feelings and affection; finally and above all, the sacrifice that comes of a complete submission in all trials, in unceasing interior vicissitudes, and in states, sometimes painful indeed, through which God makes us pass in order to change us completely into him?"
~ Fr. Jean-Pierre de Caussade, S.J.
November is always a contemplative, sentimental month for me...my dear Nana passed away in this month, and I miscarried our first two children consecutively in the Novembers of 2009 and 2010; on Thanksgiving the first year, and on All Soul's Day the second. Ah, the sufferings He sends us along with and triumphs and joys. Many lessons in dying to self so that we may be united to His holy will. In retrospect, I am able to look back at the past trials and sufferings of my life, and see how the Lord has worked on me or through me accordingly, and I am thankful. With this in mind, I must work on being thankful during the trials or struggles that I face, beause I am sure that if I approached things with a more joyful, trusting, and grateful attitude, how much more good He could work on/through me. This November brought the arrival of Dilanji nephew #5, and he was recieved with much joy. Born on November 3 and baptized on November 11, Connor Donald is such a cutie, and I hear he is a great baby and very loved by his siblings. I hope to meet him in the near future!
Tomorrow we are going to Mass, and then will be off to my great-uncle and aunt's in Leavenworth for the holiday. Looking forward to enjoying a few days with them, in their cozy log house by the river with a wood stove! We will probably see a bit of snow on the way, so praying for a safe drive. Wishing you all a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving celebration. Remember to pray for complete religious freedom - the very origin of this holiday.
Tomorrow we are going to Mass, and then will be off to my great-uncle and aunt's in Leavenworth for the holiday. Looking forward to enjoying a few days with them, in their cozy log house by the river with a wood stove! We will probably see a bit of snow on the way, so praying for a safe drive. Wishing you all a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving celebration. Remember to pray for complete religious freedom - the very origin of this holiday.

That's such a great picture of Michael and Andrew! and Those footies you're knitting are just adorable!!
ReplyDeleteI am inspired by your pumpkin dissecting! We may do that today too. Did you find your pumpkin puree to be stringy? Also, I'm so impressed with your knitting skills! Those booties are adorable! I love how Andrew is using the boppy for his studying! Very smart idea for a little lap table. :) Love you and hope to live close to you one day so you can teach me all your skills! xoxox
ReplyDeleteps, forgot to say, great deal on the PediPeds! We paid $30 for Juliette's! I wish we had better goodwills around here.
ReplyDeleteOh wow this is GREAT! Love reading your blog posts and knowing how you are doin I really miss you. I agree with Laura...great job on the pumpkin purée!! Hope to give you a call soon.
ReplyDeleteOh that pumpkin looks good! Good for you for getting all this accomplished!
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for the Liebster award! You can check it out on my blog!
Rachel~