A very Merry Christmas to you all! I hope your week has been blessed with peace and joy. We had a nice week celebrating our Lord's birth, doing a few winter activities, and relaxing. Michael enjoyed having both his parents around for a whole week, as Andrew was off work!
On Christmas Eve we placed our gifts under the tree, did a few chores, and had a light salmon dinner before I had to go sing vigil and midnight Mass.
Andrew cleaned the double oven for me (which was a chore because I had let it go too long for the sad fact that this oven doesn't have a self-cleaner setting) with his own concoction of a natural cleaner: baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice. Thanks, hubby!
I tried a new bread recipe which is simply delicious; raisin rosemary olive oil bread.
Christmas Day, we attended morning Mass, paid a little visit to the manger, then went over to a family's house for brunch.
We returned in the early afternoon and opened our gifts...
Michael enjoyed tearing the paper...
...and examining a new toy.
Then Mama and Papa opened a few gifts.
Hiking poles.
Wow - I was surprised!
Michael's main gift - the Radio Flyer Walker Wagon. We have yet to get some good pictures of him using it, but he figured it out right away and it's so cute to see him pushing it around.
The days following Christmas were filled with a sense of peace and quiet and we continued the celebration with a few fun family outings.
Christmas light viewing both inside and outside the car followed by coffee drinks and dessert...
The downtown Sheraton hosted an amazing gingerbread house exhibit. This year the creations were based on fairy tales...very intricate and creative craftsmanship!
Brunch out preceded a trip to the impressive Snoqualmie Falls.
We then toured the beautiful Salish Lodge that sits atop the falls (I want to go back for their spa someday) then headed farther up the highway in search of snow...success! We are keeping an eye out for some sledding materials and so are also on the lookout for good sledding locations. Love living so close to a winter wonderland!
I am thankful for this quality family time we had together before Michael and I leave (early this morning) for Dallas to visit my family. Andrew unfortunately can't accompany us due to work, but I am thankful that my family will be able to see Michael at this stage and that I can spend at least some of the holiday season with them. And I am always so excited when I get to see my dearest mother. This time will be extra special as my sister from FL will be there with her family including the newest 2 month old addition!
Well, I must get out the door to catch that plane...laundry is done, the monthly bills are paid, meals are in the freezer for hubby (and I must admit, a small list of possible to-do items was drawn up for him...if he finds himself so lonely and bored without us, he can occupy his time with those! ;) Wishing you all a most happy new year and completion of the Christmas season. Rejoice, He is here! God bless us one and all.
It has only been about 31.5 hours since I last saw you and Michael, and I already feel like it has been a week! Come back! I miss the both of you too much! :(
ReplyDelete