As October is the month of the Holy Rosary, I have been trying to do some reading pertaining to the benefits and promises of this beautiful prayer given to us by our Lady. Below is a snippet from Catherine Doherty:
I found this to be a perfect summation of the Rosary; the origin of its words and a reason for its repetition. Amazing, all the trans-formative power to be found within this simple string of prayers, in its ability to draw our minds and hearts to contemplate the Divine. Pope Pius XI provides excellent reasons to dwell on the mysteries of the Rosary:
"How could love not be made more fervent by the Rosary? We meditate on the Suffering and Death of our Redeemer and the Sorrows of His afflicted Mother. Will we not make a return for the love received? ...The Rosary enlivens the hope for things above that endure forever. As we meditate on the glory of Jesus and His Mother, we see heaven opened and our heartened in our striving to gain the eternal home."
The Rosary is especially beautiful to me because it meshes so well with humanity and makes Christ and the Blessed Mother more tangible to us. Its mysteries present us with the occurrences of our Lord's life; the birth, joys, growth, good works, sorrows, death, and eternal life. By meditating on the very humanity of the Divine, we learn how to be perfect as He is perfect. But isn't that always the goal of our Lady...to continuously lead us to her Son.
The Rosary is especially beautiful to me because it meshes so well with humanity and makes Christ and the Blessed Mother more tangible to us. Its mysteries present us with the occurrences of our Lord's life; the birth, joys, growth, good works, sorrows, death, and eternal life. By meditating on the very humanity of the Divine, we learn how to be perfect as He is perfect. But isn't that always the goal of our Lady...to continuously lead us to her Son.
"To become perfect, say a Rosary a day." St. Louis de Montfort
On that note, I should get to my daily Rosary as I work in the kitchen. :)
On that note, I should get to my daily Rosary as I work in the kitchen. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment