Friday, October 5, 2012

Thrifty and easy fall decor ideas.

I'm currently in the process of finding time to making a little fall decor for our home. I had a few ideas in mind, and so surfed for instructions/pics and came across some other cute and thrifty fall decor projects that I - 1) some I want to save for future reference and 2) thought I'd share with you! Of course the cheapest fall decorations are found outdoors if you live in a wooded area. Bring in any treasures that catch your fancy including acorns, nuts, berries, branches, feathers, and place in vases, baskets, candle holders, or add to your pumpkin and gourd displays. But if you are feeling a creative, crafting vibe, consider some of these...
Easy yarn pumpkins to use however you wish!
Fall-colored fabric scraps could be mingled with acorns or pine cones for this wreath.
No sew/no glue fabric pumpkin - great way to re-purpose fabric and notion bits!  
Cinnamon stick candle holder - I would adorn with acorns, berries, raffia, and fall ribbon! Use any old votive holders you have around the house or canning jars.
This apple banner is darling!
Super easy (and cheap) centerpiece idea using whatever you have around the house!
This canning jar band pumpkin takes the cake for creativity! I love it; will have to keep my eye out for the lids. Mom, you should make some!

                      
And don't forget to add some fall cheer to your front porch; make it easy with pumpkins, gourds, and mums, and perhaps throw in a harvest/thanksgiving themed message written on a small chalkboard or even hand-painted on a pumpkin.

There is a ton of ideas out there; some go over the top. Simplicity is key for me and our simple lifestyle. Now I suppose I should get to work finishing my little projects...to be shared later. :) Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment