1) Voted. For life. Plain and simple.
Peace reigns knowing that it is in His hands. Sometimes good is worked more efficiently and effectively through bad.
"Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants." Mother Teresa
2) Fall weather hit us hard this past week. Grey skies, wind, rain. However, there were sunny reprieves at some point almost every day, so not bad, although I don't mind the rain. The cold temps have been the most shocking to our still FL-spoiled systems. But hey, mid-40's is cold, folks.
Peace reigns knowing that it is in His hands. Sometimes good is worked more efficiently and effectively through bad.
"Any country that accepts abortion, is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what it wants." Mother Teresa
2) Fall weather hit us hard this past week. Grey skies, wind, rain. However, there were sunny reprieves at some point almost every day, so not bad, although I don't mind the rain. The cold temps have been the most shocking to our still FL-spoiled systems. But hey, mid-40's is cold, folks.
I haven't worn nylons in so long. This weather caused me to break out an old old pair; I foresee new ones of different patterns and colors for me in the future. With boots. Delighted about the cold weather. Except the fact of jean or pants. Not so much just yet...
Funny, the things I've found sprouting up in this untamed garden section in the front lawn area (which we do plan on cleaning up before winter)...
...herbs, lobellia, a snapdragon, irises, some kind of onion, and I just noticed this simple autumnal beauty. I may replant it in a pot to place next to the front porch pumpkins.
3) Michael has been loving his new tag blanket made by Nana. I had been telling her of his fascination with tags; looking at them, pulling at them, feeling the texture between his fingers, and of course chewing on them, and so she proceeded to make this for him:
Apparently this is a popular item among the wee folk; now I see why.
Apparently this is a popular item among the wee folk; now I see why.
4) Thrifted treasures lately: love when I find just what I have been wanting at a much lower price!
Flower press for the abundance of NW wildflowers to be found nearby, wooden Christmas tree garland, sewing hoops for both practical use and decor, wooden child's rosary, hand-less teacups for little chubby hands, Berta Hummel sketches, and always always, children's books. :)
5) The afore-mentioned cold weather has encouraged more time indoors, and the fall crafting I accomplished, motivated me to pull out my craft bin in seriousness. A Christmas angel cross-stitch needs completion. There is a new nephew/niece on the way, and Michael could use another hat and warm booties, so I've started something on the knitting needles. I haven't knitted since I was 10 or 11 when my grandmother briefly taught me, but an easy baby pattern with the basic knit/purl stitches caught my eye, and it seems my fingers easily remember those. We shall see if the end results leave a desire for more yarn work; there are such cute knitted patterns for babies out there, and I would love to have the ability to quickly create a little something handmade for new babies of friends/acquaintances.
Flower press for the abundance of NW wildflowers to be found nearby, wooden Christmas tree garland, sewing hoops for both practical use and decor, wooden child's rosary, hand-less teacups for little chubby hands, Berta Hummel sketches, and always always, children's books. :)
5) The afore-mentioned cold weather has encouraged more time indoors, and the fall crafting I accomplished, motivated me to pull out my craft bin in seriousness. A Christmas angel cross-stitch needs completion. There is a new nephew/niece on the way, and Michael could use another hat and warm booties, so I've started something on the knitting needles. I haven't knitted since I was 10 or 11 when my grandmother briefly taught me, but an easy baby pattern with the basic knit/purl stitches caught my eye, and it seems my fingers easily remember those. We shall see if the end results leave a desire for more yarn work; there are such cute knitted patterns for babies out there, and I would love to have the ability to quickly create a little something handmade for new babies of friends/acquaintances.
6) Sunday was a busy day, with Mass and CCD teaching, and then a quick stop over to a family's for one of their 7 children's birthdays. Michael got lots of attention from children and adults alike, and it was nice for us to spend time with folks from our parish; met another nice young couple too. After that we headed down south for dinner at some other friends' to celebrate their purchase of a new home. I brought dessert; pumpkin shortcake bars and brownies. In my mind, just what a perfect Sunday should consist of - our Lord, the faith, friends, fellowship and good food!
7) Sunday also marked the day of new saints entering the Church's professed category of saints. One in particular we had learned much about growing up. A native of the America's, Kateri Tekakwitha was scarred by smallpox as a young girl, leaving her partially blind. She became a Christian despite the taunts and rejection bestowed to her by her people. Kateri then led a life of virginity, prayer, penitential practices and service to those who were less fortunate than her. Due to her poor health, she died at age 24, and upon death, her disfigured face was miraculously restored and made beautiful. Bishop Hubbard of Albany, N.Y, had this to say about her:
"In this day and age, when the pleasure-principle so dominates our society, and when people spend all kinds of time, effort and energy to remove the Cross from Christianity and to escape the sometimes harsh realities and responsibilities of mature Christian living, Kateri Tekakwitha stands as an heroic example of how to integrate the mystery of the Cross with the mystery of the Resurrection in a way that gives honor and glory to God and that ensures loving service to His people."
So excited to have more women from the USA be proclaimed saints; very relative and encouraging to us American women. St. Kateri, pray for us!
"In this day and age, when the pleasure-principle so dominates our society, and when people spend all kinds of time, effort and energy to remove the Cross from Christianity and to escape the sometimes harsh realities and responsibilities of mature Christian living, Kateri Tekakwitha stands as an heroic example of how to integrate the mystery of the Cross with the mystery of the Resurrection in a way that gives honor and glory to God and that ensures loving service to His people."
So excited to have more women from the USA be proclaimed saints; very relative and encouraging to us American women. St. Kateri, pray for us!

No comments:
Post a Comment